AO-51 ECHO Heard over New Zealand

Hi All,

I'm pleased to report that I heard ZL3RX, Rob, calling via ECHO on the pass
over New Zealand at about 10:20 PM local time or 10:20z.

I was using an Icom IC-T90A handheld, "JIM" brand model M-75 low noise
wide-band GaAs FET pre-amp and a heldheld home made 7-element yagi made on a
wooden broom-stick handle.

Sadly with that setup I was unable to answer him, but heard him put out
about 3 or 4 calls.

My receive signals were some 20+ over 9 and fully quieting my receiver.
ZL3RX was putting a nice clean signal into the bird.

Also sadly, no-one answered him and I heard no other calls.

There is another pass in about 55 minutes (midnight local time) which passes
between New Zealand and Australia and I will attempt to listen again, and if
I can, set up to transmit also if I have time to get all ready.

Regards,

Jim, ZL1TYF

Wellington
New Zealand