Re: TS-2000, SATL mode, and tones

Hi Mark,

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004  Mark L. Hammond wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Well, after hearing the strong FM voice on Echo, I'm motivated to try
> and
> program my TS-2000X so I can try a QSO.
>
> I've read the manual, experimented; read the manual some more, and
> experimented
> some more.
>
> For the life of me, I can't see how to enable/program the 67 Hz
> transmit tone
> while in satellite (SATL) mode.

As far as I know it's not possible.

> I have figured out a work around of sorts (using the sub-band receiver
> as a
> receiver, or as a transmitter, will work).

This is what MacDoppler does (uses the sub-band transmitter)

> But this arrangement doesn't allow
> use of the linked VFOs, etc. or other satellite mode features.

True, and the sub-band transmitter is limited to 5 kHz resolution - but
unlike the split mode option this method does provide full duplex
operation with tone.

> Is what I'm trying even possible?

I haven't been able to find a way to transmit tone in SATL mode.

The simplest solution might just be to modify a microphone :)

> 73,
>
> Mark L. Hammond  [N8MH]

73 Don Agro VE3VRW
http://www.dogparksoftware.com