AO-51 Pass @ 0215 073004

This was a 24 degree pass for me.  Heard the bird loud and clear.  Using my ICOM ICW32 handheld and Arrow Antenna.  Was surprised that I could hear it was well as I could considering I was going through some leaves/trees to hear the satellite.

One request - I know that everyone is anxious to talk on the bird.  Some of us are using handhelds and cant compete with the higher power stations.  If you make one contact during this testing phase - please allow some of us the chance to do the same.  I heard two stations on tonights pass that were trying to talk to everyone they heard.  Kinda hard to get in when that is happening.

Ron
KA4KYI