RE: Re: AO-51 NEWS

Dear Amsat folk in the know,

I was surprised to hear that AO-51/ECHO was changed to one of its
alternative downlinks on account of another bird now being on its other
freq.

This of course now means that AO-51 has one less backup in the event of
other issues etc ...

My question: Is there not some world-wide band-plan and freq. register to
avoid this?

Did AO-51 not get unique spots within the downlink segment of the band etc?

Of course, I give top marks to the AO-51 team that the bird does in fact
have alternatives, and the design supported the change to 435.300. (Had that
not been the case, many would have been feeling rather upset.)

Please understand this email before replying. It is a question about
bandplan and freq. allocation. It is NOT a critism of the AO-51 team in any
way. If anything, it's a vote of support that the design has alternatives,
but that is not what I'm asking here.

Regards,
Jim Towler
Wellington