Laptop soundcards

I have an emachine T1115 PC w/ a 1 Ghz Celeron processor, running Win XP,
that serves me very well with all of my satellite station needs.  However I
have not yet been able to decode AO-51 9600 bps telemetry using its
soundcard.  The soundcard is built into the motherboard and I have taken
note of Hasan Schiers' observation, "N.B. Some Sound Max Digital motherboard
soundcards don't work at 9600."

I am wondering if my work computer, an IBM ThinkPad w/Pentium 4 processor
and its soundcard, might work.  Does anyone use a laptop w/soundcard to
decode 9600 baud telemetry from Echo?

Kevin Smith
N3HKQ
FN00be