Re: Homemade Geiger Counter

I tried posting this twice yesterday but it never made it???

Aware Electronics,   http://www.aw-el.com/ are makers of PC based and stand
alone Geiger Counters, Radiation-Radon Monitors, as well as other monitors
for use with PCs plus easy to use software for those interested in the
quantum side of nature.

We have an RM-60, and one of the kids won a science fair at her school
using the device.  Her project was:  "What common household item has the
highest radiation level."

Do you know what won?  A mantle from a Coleman lantern (Thorium Salt),
followed by a brightly glazed clay figurine from Mexico.

Their software will allow you to "network" several of the devices.  The
product has been around long enough, once you search on the right term, you
will find all sorts of web sites with novel ways to use them.

73, Mike kf4fdj