Re: Homemade Geiger Counter

Bob,

What I did, was to just buy one of these;
http://lndinc.com/gm/gmbg.htm

For a power supply, I used an inverter for a cold cathode
fluorescent lamp.  I got a filter / regulator circuit from
the 1972 ARRL handbook.
The output circuit is straight from the brochure.
The output from the GM tube goes to the IRQ pin of a PIC.
The trick here is not to pull up too hard.  The internal
"weak" pull up was too strong!

Good luck, and I hope we never need these.

Brian
N8NPA