RE: Hamtronics Preamps

"hobergenix" <hobergenix@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>I plan on making my own enclosure but was wondering about connectors to use
>on the case. The enclosure they show uses bayonet connector. I plan on
>using
>pl259 chassis connectors. Should I consider another connector.

Yes. PL259 is a bad choice at anything above 30 MHz.
BNC isn't bad. N is good, though bulky. I like TNCs myself,
the same size as BNCs but with a threaded interface.

Why not build your own preamp? There are numerous
designs in the literature.

Grid: CN89mg                       pied a terre..."
ICBM: 49 16.05 N 122 56.92 W     - Hospital/Shafte

MSNŽ Calendar keeps you organized and takes the effort out of scheduling
get-togethers.
  Start enjoying all the benefits of MSNŽ Premium right now and get the
first two months FREE*.