Hamtronics Preamps

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have checked out the hamtronics preamps
and they seem right for the price. They are 39.00 I also like the fact that
they use surface mount as well. From what I gather they still need to be
switched out of the line for transmit. They say in the info that they have
diode protection but I think this is only for reverse polarity protection of
power to the preamp.

I plan on making my own enclosure but was wondering about connectors to use
on the case. The enclosure they show uses bayonet connector. I plan on using
pl259 chassis connectors. Should I consider another connector.

I will just run a separate power and ground lead rather than trying to feed
power up the coax and adding extra circuitry.

Mike
N6IMF