rotor problem ....ideas?

Well, after many years of trouble free operation my 5400 has finally
developed a wierd problem. When I turn it on it goes right to the correct points for
AZ and EL. Now here is the kicker. It then starts drifting very slowly on the
AZ meter and the rotor is not moving. If I disconnect the computer cable to the
KCT/T card it does not do this. What really is wierd with the cable connected
it does it when Wisp32 is not running and even if the computer is not turned
on. Go figure......

I have replaced the card with a spare that worked fine at FD. Still does it.
I replaced the computer with the one from FD. Still does it.
I replaced the control box with the one from FD. Still does it.
When I replace the rotor with the one from FD it DOES NOT DO IT.

Looks like something in the AZ rotor. Anyone got an idea? Thanks for any
input anyone one might offer.

73's << John

N4QWF LYNCHBURG.VA.USA.NA Z:24503
INTERNET E-MAIL N4QWF@AMSAT.ORG or N4QWF@AOL.COM