RE: Homemade Geiger Counter

Bob do a quick search on eBay... anywhere from $9.95 and up...

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of Robert Bruninga
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 11:48 AM
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org; aprssig@lists.tapr.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Homemade Geiger Counter

As we approach armagedon, I thought it might
be nice to have a Geiger counter.

Which, if I recall is just an ionization chamber,
a voltge charge and an audio amp.  Since Radio
Shack does not have GeigerMueller tubes, do I
remember correctly that you could even use
a flourescent bulb for the ionization chamber?

Just thought it would be nice to have something
to detect high energy particles around the house
or on a satellite, or feeding alerts onto APRS?
(hence asking on both sigs)..

Bob