Announcing an opportunity to make your AMSAT work count even more.

Attention AMSAT members:

AMSAT Members "pitch-in" on work that would cost AMSAT thousands of dollars
each year to duplicate.

A just completed review of work by AMSAT-NA Volunteers, indicated that
during the year 2003, members have contributed over $236,000.00 of "In-Kind"
service in the fields of Education Outreach and Spacecraft Development &
Deployment.

Starting with the 2003 financial statement, we will show all these
contributions by members, too AMSAT. This practice will better show the
world the scope of the programs that AMSAT-NA is involved in. Included in
the 2003 numbers are work on ARISS, The Journal, ANS weekly information
services, various AMSAT publications, Payload & Spaceframe Development for
ECHO and EAGLE I & II, as well as Software development for these spacecraft.

We are now in the process of starting to gather volunteer hours for 2004. If
you are interested, please review the material below and, if you qualify,
send an e-mail to the AMSAT Treasurer, Gunther Meisse, at inkind@amsat.org
to sign up for this valuable AMSAT program..

The time you donate will serve to enhance the appearance of our financial
statements, comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principals (GAAP), all
with the hope of "putting on a better public face".

.	In-kind donations are not necessarily tax deductible by the
volunteer. Please advise a tax consultant if you have any questions.

.	Your submissions will be kept confidential. Only the total dollar
values will be released.

.	The aggregate value, within each category, will be moved to our
financial statements, listed under the appropriate category as "In-Kind
Services.

AMSAT In-Kind Volunteer time donation system:

In keeping with the AMSAT mission statement we are, at this time, only
seeking documentation of In-Kind hours for only the following categories:

Satellite Development / Operations
.	Satellite Design
.	Satellite Construction
.	Satellite Ground Control Operations
.	Software development

Educational Outreach
.	ARISS Design & Construction
.	ARISS Ground operations (School Contacts)
.	Journal Editing
.	Journal Writing
.	ANS Editing
.	ANS Writing
.	AMSAT Publications (Example: "ECHO Operation, Development &
specifications")
.	University Lecturing or mentoring
.	University Satellite meetings (Micro & Cube etc)

If you spent volunteer hours in any of the above categories and you have a
good sense of the total hours you are spending in 2004, we would like to
know about it.

We need an hourly rate to assign to the hours you log. The procedure for
your selection of that rate is as follows:

We ask you to determine your hourly rate based on your judgment of what the
value is, based on the specific work you did for AMSAT.  AMSAT will create
an internal Value list which we will compare against your number to be sure
we are not grossly over or under stating these values.

When you select an hourly rate, please be real conservative, but absolutely
realistic.
As an example: An Engineering PhD may figure he was doing entry level work
on one project.  We wouldn't want to use $250 an hour for a project that an
engineer, fresh out of college, may be able to complete at a rate of $30.00
per hour. Please be as realistic as possible..

If you feel you qualify and would like to participate, your e-mail responses

to inkind@amsat.org should include:

.	Your Name

.	Your Call sign

.	Your e-mail address

.	The name of the qualified project you participated in, and when

.	The hourly rate you feel is reasonable

.	Total 2004 hours you spent in this AMSAT endeavor. We will accept
Year-to-Date numbers. Future filings should be from that date forth. (We do
not want to have duplication.)

.	Multiple projects, which should be calculated at different hourly
rates, should be separately listed.

As the year progresses, we will e-mail you with a reminder to post your new
2004 hours, so that at the end of the year, we will be ready to move on to a
new year.

In-Kind Services to AMSAT.. Just another way you can make a difference in
the future of Satellite Amateur Radio around the world.

We hope to hear from you.. If you have any questions regarding the program
you are encouraged to send them to the same e-mail address,
inkind@amsat.org.

Regards,
Gunther Meisse
W8GSM