Re: NO-45

>>> John Becker <w0jab@big-river.net> 7/22/04 7:45:27 PM >>>
>I set my station up to digi with NO-45 this afternoon
>and it seems that I was the only one using the bird
>on all 3 passes. Went to FIND-U to see if I made it
>there and no location for me.
>
>But now wondering if this satellite is open for APRS packets?

Yes! and no?
Yes, it has been open for 2 years now, but do not expect
to find yourself on FINDU because there are no ground
stations feeding the dowlink into APRS-IS.    So we need
more permanent igates listening to the dowlink and more
users to make it worthwhile..

But also, NO
because last week there was some concern as to the
state of the batteries and so the command stations
asked people not to digipeate until this could be
resolved.

Bob