Wisp and AGWPE pro

Does anyone have Wisp working with AGWPE pro and looped back serial ports?

With a kiss terminal program and AGWPE pro I can connect to a local 9600 BBS
with no problem and I have AGWPE pro working very nicely with tlmEcho on the
looped back ports, so I think that I've got my basic connectivity right, but
Wisp seems just deaf to this configuration.  Perhaps I'm not providing the
correct kiss initialization string from Wisp to AGWPE.

Speculation and ideas are welcome here.

Steve -- K6UX