help

I have a 736Rwith a gnd plane ant connected. I am using Instanttrack. When I
bring up satellite visibility, it shows when the satellite is supposed to be
in view. When I switch to the map position the satellite is way off from
visibility. I have seen satellite come up east coast close to me but I have
not heard it. I have checked 150  + and -.300 + and - but have not heard
satellite. I do not have a preamp. Is this the problem or am I doing
something wrong. Thanks for any help. George,W3VVP.