5400B Problem

I finally got the guts to tear my 5400B elevation rotor apart to find out if there was something wrong with the pot. That was my first mistake and the second one was not carefully observing how things were assembled. Can anyone tell me the proper orientation of the boom tube for reassembly? I apparently have it in wrong since the meter indication and what is really going on in terms of rotation seems to be all screwed up. Thanks for any help out there. So far I still haven't determined why (through Nova and SASI Sat Tracker interface) the elevation rotor isn't reporting back location or aligning properly, though it seems to work find manually - at least before I tore it apart :)
Rick
W2JAZ