From: "Mark L. Hammond" <mlhammond@charter.net>
To: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 12:41 PM
Subject: programs to help RE: [amsat-bb] KPC 9612

> In light of the recent discussions of getting TNCs in/out of KISS mode, I'm
reminded of some programs that might help (used to have similar problems with
the PK-232...)

> Two programs (one I used a good bit back in the day--loadthis.exe--as it was
written by my elmer KC4SA for this exact purpose) can be found here:

> ftp://ftp.tapr.org/dsp/Texas_Instruments/dsp93/util/loadthis.zip
>
> Another is here:
>
> ftp://ftp.tapr.org/dsp/Texas_Instruments/dsp93/util/TNCINIT.TXT
> ftp://ftp.tapr.org/dsp/Texas_Instruments/dsp93/util/TNCINIT.EXE
>
> Both do essentially the same thing---allow you to create a file whose
contents are sent out the specified port/params/etc.

> With some clever useage of .bat files, you can do LOTS of automation...I
have used it to put TNCs IN/OUT of KISS mode, send commands to the TS-790A
through the serial port to change bands/frequencies, and so forth.  When used
with Wisp and the "schedule events" feature, you can automate your TNC(s) and
other devices to do all sorts of things!