RE: KPC 9612

I apologize for this short email, but I have received a few notes about the
9612 and I have been able to work out some work arounds.  I just received a
9612 which I bought off ebay and after working with it for a few days I
have some solutions that I will send you email about in the morning.  (It's
late here, and I have just returned from some longer than expected meetings.)

I'll write a post to the BB about 9am PDT.

73,

Emily

At 12:50 AM 7/22/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>I'm also having a problem with TlmEcho exiting KISS mode when I exit the
>program.  There is the procedure for doing this in the 9612+ manual; you
>need to send the hex values C0 FF C0 to the TNC.  I created a text file and
>used the alt+number pad combination to enter the characters.  Hold down the
>alt key and on the number pad type 0192 when you release the alt key and a
>character should appear, that is the ASCII equivalent of a hex C0.  For the
>hex FF hold down the alt key and hit 0255 then release the alt key.  Repeat
>the hex C0 again and then save the file.  I then use HyperTerminal to send
>the text file to the TNC.  Your TNC will return to terminal mode and you can
>enter your commands.
>

>Back to TlmEcho.  It seams to me that it would have been easier to have the
>proper sequence for entering and exiting KISS mode specified in the IMI file
>instead of the adding logic for different TNCs into the code.  That way all
>the program would have to do was pass the string provided to enter KISS mode
>and then pass the string provided to exit KISS mode.  Virtually any TNC that
>supports KISS mode could then be used without changes to the program.
>

>Good luck,
>
>Bernie, K3BAZ

W0EEC - CM87tm
http://www.emilyshouse.com/experthams/ao7/