RE: KPC 9612

I'm also having a problem with TlmEcho exiting KISS mode when I exit the
program.  There is the procedure for doing this in the 9612+ manual; you
need to send the hex values C0 FF C0 to the TNC.  I created a text file and
used the alt+number pad combination to enter the characters.  Hold down the
alt key and on the number pad type 0192 when you release the alt key and a
character should appear, that is the ASCII equivalent of a hex C0.  For the
hex FF hold down the alt key and hit 0255 then release the alt key.  Repeat
the hex C0 again and then save the file.  I then use HyperTerminal to send
the text file to the TNC.  Your TNC will return to terminal mode and you can
enter your commands.

Back to TlmEcho.  It seams to me that it would have been easier to have the
proper sequence for entering and exiting KISS mode specified in the IMI file
instead of the adding logic for different TNCs into the code.  That way all
the program would have to do was pass the string provided to enter KISS mode
and then pass the string provided to exit KISS mode.  Virtually any TNC that
supports KISS mode could then be used without changes to the program.

Good luck,

Bernie, K3BAZ