Re: ts2k in split mode

The TS-2000 in split mode is not going to be able to hear on the transmit
side. In split mode the radio MUST be set up Recieve main VFO, Transmit Sub VFO.
There is nothing wrong with your radio. If you need to monitor your transmit
freq, you must push and hold the TF-SET button above the band change buttons. I
like the 2000, I have been using it 3 years now, but like any other radio it
has its faults. It is a shame it does not have a DUAL Watch feature like a
Icom or Yaesu HF rig. Believe it or not I only use mine for 6 and 2 meters and
the few Sat contacts I have made since Jan when  40 took a turn for the worse. I
often wondered if the was a way to interface the Kenwood ACRP in the PC, with
PC generated tones for SAT mode for SO-50 tone type Sat.

    Its still a neat radio regardless of its few faults.

                 73 Pete