From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org] On Behalf
Of Bill Bruno
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2004 6:12 PM
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [amsat-bb] aprs on ISS

I try copying a couple of ISS passes a day, tuned to the down link, Hoping
to work APRS thru it. I'm using a beam antenna and unitrac to track it. Most
times I hear nothing. occasionally one burst of pkt, but nothing on aprs.
Can anyone tell me how often the ISS aprs is functioning or when. I don't
know if their digi is not working or my radio isn't up to the job. I was
able to copy APRs stations thru ISS a week ago on my d-700 and a vert
antenna. I changed over to the ts2k and a beam antenna this week thinking I
would have a better chance of copying it,and have not seen or heard any aprs
stations since then. Suggestions? Info? anything that will help.
Thanks  Bill