aprs on iss follow up

I listened tonight to pass #32345. I had the d-700 and the ts2k listening to
the down link. I heard many packets on the d-700 but nothing on the ts2k. I
had the ts2k set up as a split with the tx on vfo a (on the left) and rx on
vfo b( on the right. During tx the tx freq moves from a to b for tx then
back again. I tried switching a&b.   tx to the right and rx to the left
(same vfo's just reversed positions.   I then began hearing packets on the
ts2k as well as the d-700. Can anyone explain this to me?  I'm totally lost
Bill