Re: CB on SAT

Dear Art.
I`m not sure if you fully understood me , but i don`t blame CB users.
I don`t like to use `CB` as an example if somthing is wrong , and i`ll tell
you why.

In my country about 30 procent of the now licenced HAM`s were illigal on 3
mtr`s in the seventy`s , `s.Later in the ninety`s there was a group , about
ten procent comming from the illegal 60 cm band , and about 20 procent
started on some shortwave frequentie.

But the tech and tactic`s used by the governement are so effective that
these illegal frequentie`s are out of use.Those who were there have a
licence now.
So were do we find new HAM`s ?
On PMR ,LPD and CB.

I`m a FM fan , so i was on 3 mtr and 60.
I was not verry intrested in CB , but alway`s kept in toutch with CBing
lokals.
Now that i`m a licenced HAM i bought me a reasenable CB set.
In the ninety`s we had high water here. (I`m living 80 mtr`s from a river)
On the HAM rig i had only noise , no activity , no awerenes groups.
CB was at it`s best in those day`s.

I`m alway`s listening on a known channel , and sometime`s when i react on a
call there,
they ask me : `you have contact`s with ISS , or not?` , and when i explane
them that they can do that aswel , the next question can be how to get a
licence.
If they don`t ask that , at least they will understand why my antenna`s look
at the sky...

In short: don`t talk down on CB , the person you here can be the next HAM to
be.

Chris
PA5RWE