From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org] On Behalf
Of KC6UQH
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2004 12:48
To: Chris; luclebla@sorel-tracy.qc.ca; amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] CB on SAT

Chris,
It is easy to blame CB Radio for everything, but poor operating practices
are caused by a lack of elmering and older operators that refuse to learn
new technology, and have a "know it all" complex.

Accusing operators of poor practices only serves to sever communications and
make things worse. If you lead by example, "excuse the pause , but I wanted
to listen to see if someone else is trying to reach the satellite" rarely
causes a problem and like when driving, letting someone in, doesn't get you
the horn and the finger!

The solution is to work with the offending operators  by being patient, and
courteous, making satellite operations enjoyable for all.

Art, KC6UQH