From: "Anthony Monteiro" <aa2tx@comcast.net>
To: "Don Woodward" <dbwoodw@alltel.net>; <9w2qc@9w2qc.net>;
<amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2004 23:25
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Doppler correction for ISS on FT-847

Hi Guys,

A minor point here but just to save someone a few headaches!

The FT-847 doesn't have commands to work split under CAT control
so you can't work ISS in split mode with auto-tuning.

Also, you cannot use the repeater shift function on the FT-847 for
ISS tuning - it doesn't work. The CAT interface ignores all the
shift digits under 10KHz so it is useless for ISS Doppler tuning.

A better choice for working ISS is to use an FT-100, FT-817,
FT-857, or FT-897 which will all work 2m split properly under
CAT control.

73,
Tony AA2TX