Re: Doppler correction for ISS on FT-847

Chow (and the BB),

(I get the digest, so someone may have mentioned this method already.
Apologies if this is redundant.)

If you have spare blocks of memories (regular, not satellite) to burn, you
can use a small set of them for ISS contacts.  Program the uplink - 3 kHz
and the downlink + 3 kHz as a split pair in the first memory, uplink - 1.5
kHz and downlink + 1.5 kHz in the second, and so on, ending with uplink +3
and downlink -3.  Then as the station goes by, tune up thru the memories.
(We did this with 7 memories and 1 kHz steps for our ARISS contact in
January.)

Just watch the discriminator center meter and click to the next memory as it
shifts.  After a while you know how far the meter moves per click and can
hit it at the right time without even thinking about it.

I use a similar setup on my TH-F6A, but it's just +5, 0 and -5.  For the FM
birds like AO-27, SO-50 and (soon!) AO-51, I use +5, 0, 0, 0, -5 kHz for a
2m downlink (opposite signs for uplink) and +10, +5, 0, -5, -10 for VHF.
(Smallest step on the HT is 5 kHz.)

As others have said:  Good enough for FM.

73,
Dale, W8ABZ
Cleveland Heights, Ohio  USA  [EN91]