From: Gary "Joe" Mayfield [mailto:ks5z@AMSAT.Org]
Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2004 20:57
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Re: Echo and SO-50

I have experienced foliage problems at 435 MHz.  Sycamore trees are the
worst (very large leaves).  At some of the microwave bands even pine needles
can be a real pain.  That was one of the many beauties of mode B.  There are
many inherent advantages to a 2 meter downlink.  The big disadvantage is no
one wants to build there.

On a mildly related subject has anyone ever done any gain measurements on an
Arrow antenna?

73,
Joe
ks5z