Has CB come to Satellites ?

After being off the air for a couple of months due to equipment problems and work demands, I set things back up to day and tried to work the birds.  I started out by working the FM birds to make it easier.  I was really shocked when I tried to work SO-50.  I heard myself on the downlink for about 2 seconds while I was trying to call KO4MA and then someone else came in right over top of me.  Have things really gotten that bad ? Aren't we supposed to listen before transmitting ?

Ron
KA4KYI