Re: Re: Echo and SO-50

For a station listening to SO-50 on an HT (say, a TH-D7) and an
Arrow antenna with diplexer, what sort of signal strength should one
expect? At what angle should one start to hear it? I am finding it
difficult to find the signal, and when I do, it is just enough signal to
tell that it is there (but not enough to attempt a contact). Any hints?

As a note, AO-51 was very easy to find and track when the power was turned
up during the early orbits.

Dave
W1EUJ