RE: Doppler correction for ISS on FT-847

Thanks a lot to all that have replied my email.  Really appreciate it.

73 de 9W2QC

-----Original Message-----

From: Don Woodward [HYPERLINK
"mailto:dbwoodw@alltel.net"mailto:dbwoodw@alltel.net]

Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2004 10:57 PM

To: Don Woodward; 9w2qc@9w2qc.net; amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org

Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Doppler correction for ISS on FT-847

Let me clarify further and make a correction to my previous statement...

The way to do Doppler with ISS (or any other "in-band" satellite) is to use
the "repeater shift" and "repeater offset" commands via CAT control in the
main band VFO mode, not in satellite mode.  At two meters, as someone
pointed out, Doppler is not that critical.

The 847 CAT will control either main or sub band "only" in Satellite mode,
not in "any" mode as I previously stated.