aprs and ts2000

Another aprs question: I normally have my winaprs running on my d700. Im
trying to get it working on my TS2000 by just switching winaprs over to the
port connected to the ts2000. All other settings are the same. The tnc on
the sub band is on and the radio is in pkt mode(9600 baud).  When i send my
position the radio transmits. But the program is not seeing the incoming
station packets. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks  Bill