RE: Sequencing and control solutions

Yes,

Am looking to build the same myself:

TS-2000, PIC(s), antenna rotators, link into NOVA for real-time, or possible
exported pass info for off-line mode where the data is in the flash of a PIC
so it knows pass details for next few days etc without PC involved.

Still in the concept phase here, but any PICs will be 18F242 or 18F452 as I
have about 5 of each and I can write it in C and use a compiler without
needing to mess with assembler and make it all fit into tiny 1K etc.

Those PICs have enough program store for the code, enough output pins to
control stepper or other motor drive, A/D input to read rotator pots, and
UART for talking to TS-2000 for doppler adjust, read GPS NMEA time codes, PC
(NOVA) etc.

I will post any details or ideas if there are questions, otherwise when I
have something of interest/use to report.

Regards,
Jim Towler
Wellington
New Zealand