Re: 1700 UTC pass---ECHO

What were you using for an antenna ?  I was using my radio shack ground plane antenna, IC 910H with 440 preamp and didnt hear anything.  I looked at both frequency ranges.

Ron

---------- Original Message -------------
Subject: [amsat-bb] 1700 UTC pass---ECHO
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 17:19:23 +0000
From: Cliff Buttschardt <cbuttsch@kcbx.net>
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org

The 1700 UTC pass on Friday morning was heard ONLY on 435.15 rather than 435.3
+/- doppler, with only a five degree elevation maximum.  TXA and TXB both were
shown to be on.  I was listening with RHCP.  Is this observation useful in
determining which polarization is best in grazing passes?  Cliff K7RR  LM 1606