R: Sequencing and control solutions

----- Original Message -----
From: Freeman P. Pascal IV <fpascal@rhinocorps.com>
To: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2004 9:13 PM
Subject: [amsat-bb] Sequencing and control solutions

> I'm curious what folks are doing to automate sequencing and control for
> their stations?
>
> I'm looking at controlling the switching between two all mode/all band
> radios (TS-2000 and FT-247), the antennas, pre-amps, etc.  After
> diagramming out what I wanted to control, I noticed that this looks like
> a job for a PIC.  Something along the lines of what G6LVB did for
> controlling hs mast mounted equipment.
>
> Is anyone doing anything similar?  Could anyone recommend any articles
> or solutions for this sort of thing?
>

> -Freeman, N5FPP

Hi Freeman, N5FPP

I recommend to read The ARRL HANDBOOK

1) A Digital TR Sequencer for Satellite Work, Chapter 23 pages 23-24

2) Remote Preamplifier-Switching System, Chapter 31 pages 6-7-8

3) TR Time-Delay Generator, Chapter 31 pages 9-10-11-12

The latest (3) written by Chip Angle N6CA is the T/R sequencer that
I have duplicated and succesfully I use for my 23 cm system.

73" de

i8CVS Domenico