From: "David P. Goncalves" <dpg@coe.neu.edu>
To: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2004 18:04
Subject: [amsat-bb] 9600 Baud Modems

All this activity has me wondering about my 9600 baud TNC, the Timewave
PK-96. The manual states that it is G3RUH and K9NG compatable. However, as
I read about 9600 baud communcations and satellites, this G3RUH modem or a
modem using its technology seems to be the thing to have. Does anybody
know what the difference between compatability and 'the real thing' is?
I'd like to know how well my PK-96 is going to work. If there is a
document that discusses this well enough, just point me in that direction.

Thanks.

Dave Goncalves
W1EUJ