Sequencing and control solutions

I'm curious what folks are doing to automate sequencing and control for
their stations?

I'm looking at controlling the switching between two all mode/all band
radios (TS-2000 and FT-247), the antennas, pre-amps, etc.  After
diagramming out what I wanted to control, I noticed that this looks like
a job for a PIC.  Something along the lines of what G6LVB did for
controlling hs mast mounted equipment.

Is anyone doing anything similar?  Could anyone recommend any articles
or solutions for this sort of thing?

-Freeman, N5FPP