AEA PK-232MBX and Smartwatch backup

Just wanted to post something I ran across when messing with a PK-232 TNC .
It always bothered me that when the Time and date was set in the TNC and
the power was shut off it would loose the Time and Date.
I placed a order for some sample DS1216C - SmartWatch . By removing the 28
pin TC55257BPL Memory sram 32k*8
from U5 on the pk232 daughter board and placing the
DS1216C chip in the socket and then placing the TC55257BPL piggy back on
the DS1216C chip I was able to now save the data and the Clock settings on
the new SmartWatch. One thought would be to remove the Lithium battery on
the main board or remove jumper on JPl , not sure if keeping power enable
and also using the SmartWatch with built in Lithium Battery would be wise.
Of course if your TNC should lock up you will have to remove the memory and
allow it to reset. Please use at your own risk.