Re: Re[4]: Attn: Bob Bruninga

On 12 Jul, Danny wrote:
..
> I think pondering the US Military in general blocking sites outside
 the us is a bit too broad, but I could also see some admin at the Navy blocking say all of shaw cables access to the USNA site because of worms/viruses, etc.  Situations like that pop up pretty frequently, actually.  Maybe see if you can get to www.usna.edu as a starter.

when we ran the JWCS National Proxy/Cache service the US Army blocked
the IP addrss range used my our proxy clusters - because there were too
many requests coming from such a small group of systems.  What they
failed to realise was that they had blocked the whole of the UK academic
community. (200+ institutions)

John
--
  John Heaton, G1YYH