From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org] On
Behalf Of John Melton
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 4:51 PM
To: Mark L. Hammond
Cc: John.Melton@Sun.COM; amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Icom PCR-1000 and 38k4 packet?

Mark,

I have used the PCR-1000 for 38k4 on UOSAT-12.  Just take the output
from the 'Packet' connector as you would with 9k6,  but do not use the
Wide FM setting,  just use the 50KHz FM setting and as long as you track
the doppler it should be no problem.

-- John g0orx/n6lyt

--
John Melton <john.melton@sun.com>
Sun Microsystems, IT CTO

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 19:21, Mark L. Hammond wrote:
> As I consider my station and the ability to work high speed packet, I
> realized I have a seldom-used PCR-1000 on the shelf.  This would be a
> good solution for either the 435 MHz signal directly, or for a 2M or
> 435 MHz downconverter IF.
>
> Inasmuch as it has a "PACKET" jack for 9600 baud packet reception, and

> the ability to change the receive bandwidth (it does SSB, FM, "wide
FM", and has selectable bandwidth settings)---has anyone on the list
tried to use this receiver for 38k4 packet?