Re: Re: Icom PCR-1000 and 38k4 packet?

Wow, great news, John!

This may provide a reaonsable option for folks to work 38k4 on 2.4GHz regardless of where their downconverter out is 122/144MHz or 435MHz (not to mention 436.150 directly!)

With a new price of around $350-375 for the unit, it should provide: 38k4 packet on virtually any frequency (within reason) from VHF up to 1.3GHz.  (naturally, a TNC or DSP is also required).

Thanks for the mode/filter (FM, 50 kHz) info as well.  Figured that was the best shot (I've used the same for the NOAA birds).

Btw--for those curious, Doppler correction/frequency control of the PCR-1000 is very doable using WispDDE and Wisp.

Can't wait to try!

73,

Mark N8MH