38.4 K and Symek IFD boards?

It looks as if the Default "Experimenter's day" is going to have ECHO in a
9600 1.2Ghz up and 38.4 2.4Ghz down.  My current setup for 2.4 Ghz is with a
downconverter to a 145.00 Mhz radio.  Would it make sense to install a IFD
board into the first IF of my 2 meter all mode? I have an old FT 221r that I
have used for downlink.

Just wondering.  Thanks in advance for any help.

73's
Jeff
KA8HQL