Re: TX: soundcard packet -- 9600 baud

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Egert" <segert@adelphia.net>
Subject: [amsat-bb] TX: soundcard packet -- 9600 baud

> I've had no luck uplinking to UO-22 with soundcard/MixW and I don't know
> what I'm doing wrong.
> When I listen to my transmitted audio on a second receiver, I can hear the
> transmitter key up and the audio modulate it.  I can vary the loudness of
> the transmitted 9600 baud audio with the Wave and Master volume control
> sliders.  So I think I'm close.  My guess is that I'm not getting a level
> just right or there is some parameter in MixW that I haven't set
correctly.

Hi Steve,

I can tell you that the deviation of your 9k6 uplink is pretty critical. As
I recall, you want it around 3 kHz. This is less than you're used to running
on terrestrial links. If you can find someone with a deviation meter, it
will be a big help.

Having never tried to uplink with MixW, I can't help you with any of its
software settings. Sorry.

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT #29649