Icom PCR-1000 and 38k4 packet?

As I consider my station and the ability to work high speed packet, I realized I have a seldom-used PCR-1000 on the shelf.  This would be a good solution for either the 435 MHz signal directly, or for a 2M or 435 MHz downconverter IF.

Inasmuch as it has a "PACKET" jack for 9600 baud packet reception, and the ability to change the receive bandwidth (it does SSB, FM, "wide FM", and has selectable bandwidth settings)---has anyone on the list tried to use this receiver for 38k4 packet?

Naturally, I will give this a shot when I can.  Currently, it's difficult at best to experiment with high speed packet as I can't generate an RF signal of this nature in the shack.  And, with AO-51 not having a published schedule yet, it's hard to know when to get ready for the testing!

I wish that AO-51 passes were as long AO-40 ;-)

I look forward to any "real world" data, or comments otherwise.  Or perhaps the idea is just generally silly....

73,

Mark L. Hammond    [N8MH]