VK3JED SunSat Article (was Re: Start for Beginners on the menu, Confusing????)

Although SunSat has long since failed, I felt Tony's article on SunSat had
some excellent unique perspectives for beginners on the subject of working
LEO satellites. So we retained it in the beginner's section realizing that
Tony will likely want update it after AO-51 becomes operational (hint,
hint).  The only information that was updated was Tony's contact
information and link were removed that pointed to long since gone Sunsat
websites.

Many of the points Tony makes are still valid for operational satellites
(AO-27, SO-50) and will be for Echo.

73,

Emily

At 10:26 AM 7/13/2004 -0700, Bill Zaidel wrote:
>I was glad to see a spot on the new web site, for
>beginners to get information to get started working
>the satellites. Seeing as I'm a beginner, I started to
>read the articles. The one that was really confusing,
>was the one telling how to make contacts on SunSat,
>SO-35. I noticed it had been updated earlier this
>spring. So I looked on the status page, no listing for
>that sat. After further checking, I found out it went
>out of service in 2001. Am I confused, or is the
>information out of date? Just wondering. Bill N8VWI
>----

W0EEC - CM87tm
http://www.experthams.net/ao7

Help Pay For Echo - http://www.amsat.org/amsat/sats/echo/index.html