RE: 9600 Baud TNC Information

Sorry, Emily,

I have to disagree.  The TNC in the kenwood should not
be excluded from the helpful list of TNC's just because it
is bundled in a convenient radio package...  People still
need to see the same info for this TNC as they do for any
other TNC on how to get it into and out of KISS mode and
what TNC settings are required to make it work with ECHO.
And going to a single article for this topic makes sense to me.

Bob, WB4APR.

>>> Emily Clarke <w0eec@AMSAT.Org> 7/13/04 11:38:28 AM >>>
As much as I would like to accommodate people the intention of the
article
was about configuring a TNC, many (but not all) of which require
modifications and or options.  This is not the case with the Kenwood
TS-2000 - it is not a TNC - it is a radio with a TNC.

*** Disagree.  It is a TNC that just happens to have a radio attached.

The better approach is to have a Kenwood specific document that would
address Kenwood specific idiosyncrasies.  Burying information about how
configure the Kenwood TS-2000 for packet operation in an article about
TNCs
is not going to make it easy for someone to find it.  It will, however,

obfiscate the information for someone trying to find out some basic
information about TNCs.  So a separate article "How to Configure your
Kenwood xxxxxx" would make more sense.

Be assured we are always looking for good, technical articles for the
BB.  When someone writes one, just submit it to me and I'll be happy to

post it and link it in.

One last comment - even if I had included the Kenwood information, I
could
have only documented the TH-7D as it was the only submittal I received

(from A.J.)

73,

Emily

W0EEC - CM87tm