Re: re:38k4

Hello Mark and the Net:

for 38K4 packet downlink on 2.4 GHz I plan on using my 2' x 3' gridded
dish,  H pol, DEMI RX only block downconverter to a 2M IF.
then the SDR-1000+ with the 2M IF, DEMI transverter built in. Critical
issue is the availability of software for the SDR-1000+

Another alternative, yet to be evaluated with real signals,  is to
continue to use the antenna and RX only block downconverter to the shack
and a IC-706MKIIG
as a RX only in wideband FM  mode, to a  SYMEK TNC3S with 9600 TX/ 38K4
RX modem and a second modem for 76K data.
I have yet to buy the SYMEK TNS/modems

another alternative is to take the 2M IF,  RX downlink and feed to the
IC-910H with SYMEK IFD mod, then  to the SYMEK TNC3S

Stan, WA1ECF