Re: Anyone using the SignaLink interface for 9600 w/FT847

Since the SignalLink is just a soundcard interface it should have no
different configuration than if you are using any other soundcard interface
providing you already have it working for whatever application you are
using for other services (PSK-31, etc.)  It is a very simple interface and
will work with any radio that provides the proper outputs, and while that
may be an excellent article and I will be happy to host a "Interfacing your
Soundcard" article in the future, that is not the intention of this article.

What I can tell you is my own experience with the SL-1 and that is that on
my Icom 2720H it will not do 9600 Baud easily.  The 2720H only has the
standard Icom data 6 pin mini-DIN connection and the signal levels are too
low for the SL-1 without modification (available on the Tigertronics
website).  However you are still limited to 9600 or 1200 but not both,
unless you have some way of switching the data lines.

On the Icom 910, the ACC port provides 9600 and 1200 baud signals on the
same output, so this is not a problem provided you configure it according
to the instructions for the SET menu.

One other important note is that if you are using the SL-1 for packet
operations where it will be transmitting, it will require you to add
additional delays in applications like MixW between the time it starts
transmitting a carrier and the time it starts transmitting data.  This is
because the SL-1 is a VOX operated device, and there is delay before it
actually keys the radio.

73,

Emily

At 07:13 AM 7/13/2004 -0700, you wrote:
>Did anyone try , or successfully use,  the SignaLink SL-1+  soundcard/radio
>interface for 9600 baud packet / Echo telemetry decoding? I read most people
>ditched the interfaces and cabled direct but heard no mention specifically
>of the SL1+..
>
>Greg
>N4EN
>----