Re: 9600 Baud TNC Information

On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 07:19:04AM -0400, A.J. Farmer wrote:
> Yes, I agree.  I was surprised at the decision to not include information
> about Kenwood radios with built in TNC's.  I thought the point was to post
> information about how to set up hardware to receive telemetry from AO-51.
> The Kenwood manuals do not have a section on how to do this.

Well, they do, at least with the TS2000 manual I have has enough information
to do it.

page 49 and 50 of the TS2000 manual shows how to set it up for basic TNC
operation. The one "gotcha" of the Kenwood TS2000 (and I am guessing the
other Kenwoods as well) is the TNC does not immediately go into KISS
mode when sent the KISS command. (presumably tlmEcho does this)
The trick is, to send it the KISS command then turn the radio off and
back on (pg 111 Appendix Built-In TNC command list )
I don't know how tlmEcho would work with this I know my own software
works with KISS this way.

Good luck.

Diane Bruce, VA3DB