Re: Re[2]: Attn: Bob Bruninga

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 01:15:17PM -0700, Darrell Bellerive wrote:
> Bob,
>
> The www.usna.edu site was suggested by someone trying to help solve my
> problem accessing your web site.
>
> All the sites, www.usna.edu, www.ew.usna.edu, web.usna.navy.mil block
> after t3-0-0-0.usna.dren.net (138.18.1.51) as can be seen in the
> traceroutes.
>
> Looks like a firewall at usna is blocking my access. My guess is that
> usna has decided to block all access from my ISP, shaw.ca or

Actually, it looks like usna is blocking ICMP, which is needed for
traceroute.

Try
bash-2.05b$ telnet www.ew.usna.edu 80
Trying 131.122.80.201...
Connected to cadigweb.ew.usna.edu.
Escape character is '^]'.

See if you can connect at all.

I suspect I know what your problem might be, let me know if the telnet works.

- Diane, VA3DB