ISS and TS-2000

Trying to set up the ts-2000 for ISS in Unitrac 2003. I input all the
correct frequencys up and down FM, The radio in split mode . All appears
normal untill the radios first doppler adjustment. The doppler adjusts then
the down frequency mode switches to AM.  Is this another "Kenwood oversight"
or am I doing something wrong? In the current state the only way i could
work ISS is to "Inhibit Rx doppler " in unitrac.
Bill